- HERO and Motors TV
- Event Colour Coding
- HERO Cup
- Training and briefing Day
- Throckmorton Challenge
- Scottish Malts
- 1000 Mile Trial
- Summer Trial
- Icelandic Saga
- London Lisbon
- Shows & Exhibitions
- Tailor Made Events
- Irish Trial - date to be confirmed
- Celtic Malts - date to be confirmed
- Escrow Account
- Regulations & Eligibility
- How to go Classic Car Rallying
Training and briefing Day
Venue – Throckmorton near Pershore
Date – Friday 11th October 2013. The day before the Throckmorton Challenge!
format – general navigation training – suitable for any Classic car Rally, specific Le Jog training, on site test practice, on site regularity practice
Scrutineer available – the HERO chief Scrutineer will be on hand throughout the day to give you tips on car preparation. A noise test will also be available to ensure that your car complies.
Stay over and have a go at the Throckmorton Challenge on the Saturday click here
HERO Arrive & Drive – if you don’t want to bring your Classic Car on the Friday we will have vehicles available for you to hire for the test and regularity.
Throckmorton, Pershore. The HERO training and briefing day is aimed at anyone who wants to do a classic car event, has entered an event or needs a refresher course. It has been put together by current event organisers and competitors. It is aimed to equip you with the knowledge required to tackle any classic car event competently.
During the day there will be a Le Jog specific session which is a must do for any crew who has, or about to submit an entry or anyone who wishes to just find out what Le Jog is all about.
During the day crew will be able to:
- Meet senior event officials and ask questions
- Meet fellow competitors
- Put your car through scrutineering and talk to the scrutineers.
- Put your car through a noise test
- Tackle a test
- Take part in a navigational exercise
- Do a regularity using tulip diagrams
For crews that are unable to bring their car on the day for whatever reason they can hire one of our Arrive & Drive cars, complete with trip, clip board, map board, etc., to do the test, regularity and navigational exercise. Contact Mark to discuss and book a car.
The provisional program for the morning is as follows:
- 09.15 - Signing-on (tea and coffee will be available)
- 09.45 - Introduction. An outline of the day ahead
- 09.55 - An overview of classic car rallies and HERO events in general
- 10.10 - Pre-event - for the driver; car eligibility & preparation - what you need to turn up with Pre-event - for the crew; what you will receive in advance and what you need to bring with you
- 10.40 - Tea – coffee (comfort break)
- 10.50 - At the start.Scrutineering – what is this & what happens?Documentation and Signing on – what is this & what happens?
- 11.10 - Rally Routes – how are they defined, what are Tulip diagrams, what’s a Jogularity, how do I handle regularities
- 12.10- "I'm on the start line, what sort of timing will be used, what can I expect at the start, tests, and regularities, what is a self-start regularity and where do I get my results?".
- 12.30 - Close of session and break for lunch
The afternoon will be Le Jog specific and cover the following points
- 13.15 - For non Le Jog crews - optional navigation exercise, including map references, Tulip diagrams and a sample Jogularity section and/or driving test
- 13.15 - Le Jog – introduction and an overview of the event as a whole
- 13.25 - Preparing your car for Le Jog and what you need to turn up with
- 13.40 - Crew preparation, hotel & travel arrangements, preparing for Le Jog
- 13.55 - “I’ve got my first bit of Le Jog route, what do I do next and what’s a Jogularity?”
- 14.35 - “I’m on the start at Land’s End, how does the Liege timing work, what can I expect at the tests and regularities, what exactly is a self-start regularity and where do I get my results and what do they look like?”
- 14.55 - “What happens when I reach John O’Groats?”
- 15.05 - One to One session and optional Navigation exercise, including map references, Tulip diagrams and a sample Jogularity section and/or driving test.
During the day there will be a chance to undertake a navigation exercise, a short practice regularity (on site) and a test
Tea & Coffee will be available throughout the day. Lunch is not included but food will be available from a trailer on site throughout the day.